Before going :
- Notify your family, friends or others about your journey and when to expect your return.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks. It is not advisable to eat any jungle fruits and drink from any water source without a guide.
- You must prepare enough cash before entering the park. Taman Negara doesn't has ATM machines.
- You can rent boots and camping equipment in Taman Negara. Just ask and they will show you where to get it.
- There is only one internet service available in the park and it is open from 8 am - 8 pm. The charge fees is RM7/hour, minimum use is 1 hour.
- Wear loose, light and comfortable clothing; preferably with long sleeves and long pants to protect against abrasions and insects. Breathable shoes and cotton socks are also advised.
- Wear roomy, light but sturdy footwear with good ankle support and traction, and 2 pairs of socks.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to protect against instense sunlight and light rain.
- Bring a waterproof jacket in case it gets cold.
- Remember to stick to marked trails and don't stray off from the marked trails.
- Choose trails that will allow plenty of time for you to finish your hike before dark.
- The trails is usually closed from November - January and will be open on Mid February.
Things to bring :
- Map & Compass
- Waterproof jacket & Rain coat
- Lighter, Candle & Matches
- Torch light
- Basic first-aid kit
- Insect repellent